I was pleased to receive a note back from my dad today. I feel so glad that he cared enough to respond. My letter back to him had been very direct and harsh in some ways. Even though I feel that all of it was true, and tried to confine the main content to just writing explanations and asking for clarifications on the topics that he had initiated; I was afraid that I would never hear back from him. I wasn't sure that he would even read it through. But he was apologetic for his first letter and did agree that I hadn't been dishonest in my responses. I have already written him back a warm letter, and hope that the honest discourse will help us to find a true closeness in the years ahead.
I go to sleep tonight with hope again. That feels great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Seems that my optimism was misplaced again. Further correspondence from him has made clear that he wishes no further contact between us.
ReplyDeleteSo be it.