Here are some shots of the family enjoying the fireworks as the New Year began. A few of our neighbors send off the really huge ones that light up the whole sky; but we just stick to the smaller ones ourselves and enjoy the others that the neighbors provide.



As 2009 begins, I find myself filled with a mixture of emotions.
The end of 2008 brought some wonderful political changes that I hope will transform our country. I am very happy to be nearing the end of the Bush term and looking forward to Barack Obama becoming our next president. It will be so nice to have such an intelligent and charismatic person leading our country. I hope that he will be as competent and effective of a leader as I have perceived him to be.
Even as I find excitement with Obama, I feel great trepidation for the current condition of our country. I know that it will take a miracle to pull us out of this economic mess, and all the pundits say that it will get worse before it finally improves.
I feel anxious for my family's future. I hope that Sean's job remains secure and I need to find some way to help supplement our family income myself, as we are struggling under mounting debt. The majority of my extended family members are all suffering through severe economic hardship, and no matter how hard they are working, they can't seem to get back on their feet.
I have read and heard people say that we must just focus on what we need and deserve to have, and that those things will be manifested in our lives; but in reality, I don't see that happening in the lives of some of my closest family members, even though some of them fully believe and practice this philosophy.
Still, it certainly can't hurt anything to try to keep focused on the positive. There are many wonderful things to be thankful for. I have some incredible friends in my life. My family members are healthy. And Sean is employed. We have good food to eat and we enjoyed a fun Christmas together. I will try to keep these thoughts in mind, and trust that our needs will continue to be met.
I hope that 2009 finds you happy and healthy, and full of joy. May the year ahead be good for our nation and for the world at large.
The end of 2008 brought some wonderful political changes that I hope will transform our country. I am very happy to be nearing the end of the Bush term and looking forward to Barack Obama becoming our next president. It will be so nice to have such an intelligent and charismatic person leading our country. I hope that he will be as competent and effective of a leader as I have perceived him to be.
Even as I find excitement with Obama, I feel great trepidation for the current condition of our country. I know that it will take a miracle to pull us out of this economic mess, and all the pundits say that it will get worse before it finally improves.
I feel anxious for my family's future. I hope that Sean's job remains secure and I need to find some way to help supplement our family income myself, as we are struggling under mounting debt. The majority of my extended family members are all suffering through severe economic hardship, and no matter how hard they are working, they can't seem to get back on their feet.
I have read and heard people say that we must just focus on what we need and deserve to have, and that those things will be manifested in our lives; but in reality, I don't see that happening in the lives of some of my closest family members, even though some of them fully believe and practice this philosophy.
Still, it certainly can't hurt anything to try to keep focused on the positive. There are many wonderful things to be thankful for. I have some incredible friends in my life. My family members are healthy. And Sean is employed. We have good food to eat and we enjoyed a fun Christmas together. I will try to keep these thoughts in mind, and trust that our needs will continue to be met.
I hope that 2009 finds you happy and healthy, and full of joy. May the year ahead be good for our nation and for the world at large.

No comments:
Post a Comment